
Here is a picture of me in front of the worlds greatest light show. It happens every night in Hong Kong from 8 - 8:12 pm. It is amazing. There is no way that this puny little picture can do it justice. It's is bigger than I can describe. Miles and miles of builidings that surround the Harbour light up all in unison. It's all put to music and narration and the different builindgs look like they are dancing. I'm trying to describe it, but I simply can't. It's just something you have to experience. As I was watching I thought about our faith in Christ and how amazing our God is. I started to think about how badly I want the rest of the world to know our Jesus. I thought about the Chinese that were watching the light show with me and how most of them don't know Jesus. For those that don't know Christ the problem usually isn't a lack of information or facts, it's the lack of an experience. We can't just give them all of the details and hope they decide that Christ is for them. They have to see Christ in us. God could have chosen any way to reach the Chinese, but He has chosen to use people.
I firmly believe that this principle crosses way beyond just the Chinese. I think we have a world full of hurting people that don't need to hear one more stat or story. They need to experience Christ. They need to know His love and passion. And God, in His wisdom, is going to use us to do it. How exciting! We get to play a part in people discovering something that is indescribable. Something that can only be experienced. A relationship with the Almighty Creator! Now that is cool!
2 comments:
Beautifully described, beautifully said and you look pretty beautiful too. Praying blessings for your mission. Love you
Well said, my good and faithful brother.
Post a Comment