Put your quotes on or email em to grandma and I'll put em on. Thanks
Aunt Jenni leads the way with her most famouse football quote:
"What idiot decided baseball and football pants should be white? I'm guessing a man with no laundry experience".
Uncle Marc had a few right off the top of his head:
I'd catch a punt naked, in the snow, in Buffalo, for a chance to play in the NFL.
- Steve Henderson
Point the Slime Out
– Bill McCartney
Son of a Biscuit
– Tom McCartney
Maybe a good rule in life is never become too important to do your own laundry.
- Barry Sanders
I wouldn't ever set out to hurt anyone deliberately unless it was, you know, important -like a league game or something.
- Dick Butkus
Uncle Marc's favorite:
Any man's finest hour -- his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear -- is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause, and he's exhausted on the field of battle -- victorious. VINCE LOMBARDI
Grandma Mac's and favorites too:
Of course “Football’s here—Good bye dear” goes way back to the 60’s
There are three things that cannot happen during football season if you want the coach there: Disaster, birth or death. LM 8/67 And what do you think the first three things that happen during the start of football season might be?
Prayer for your team: May you witness a great fight and may victory be your pillow tonight. LM 9/06
In the old days the start of football season use to be a signal to an end of family time. Now that the children are grown and sometimes gone any sport is a crash site. LM 5/06
Hold me, Hug me, squeeze me, pretend I’m your remote control!
Heat is nice when you have air conditioning - that's why we should all plan to go to heaven. The air is beautifully conditioned. LM 7/07 Ok, maybe it doesn’t have anything to do with football – I just like it!
"Always remember..... Goliath was a 40 point favorite over David."
Shug Jordan, Auburn
If you even dream of beating me, you'd better wake up and apologize
Muhammad Ali
"I just wrap my arms around the whole backfield and peel 'em one by one
until I get to the ball carrier. Him I keep." Big Daddy Lipscomb
The reason women don't play football is because eleven of them would
never wear the same outfit in public. Phyllis Diller
Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare. They are consumed in 12 minutes. Half-times take 12 minutes. This is not coincidence. Erma Bombeck
No comments:
Post a Comment