Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Cute Kid Story Time

Years ago, almost incalculable at this point, I was
making orange juice pancakes for the boys.
Uncle Mike was about 5 years old and Uncle Tom
was 4 years old. The boys, doing what they did
best in those days, began to argue over who would
get the first pancake. Seizing the opportunity for
a moral lesson I exclaimed, "If Jesus were sitting
here, He would say, “Let my brother have the first
pancake, I can wait.” Ole starving Mike turned to
his younger brother and said,
"Hey Tom, you be Jesus!"






















One Halloween Aunt Kristy was dressed as an angel,
though she didn’t think she was in costume. We
headed for the neighborhood haunted house and it was
scary for sure. As we were approaching the end of our tour
a hairy monster grabbed hold of me and would NOT let me go.
The kids bolted led by a tiny angel that was faster than
a speeding bullet and able to leap cars in the parking lot
in a single bound.




















In 1977 Christian song writer Andrae Crouch had a
hit song, Soon and Very Soon, that was often on the
radio. One day leaving church Uncle Marc was in the
back seat crooning along with the chorus: Soon and
very soon we are going to see the King, but 5 year old
Marc’s rendition had a slight variation: Soon and very
soon we are going to Burger King.






Okay, I told some of mine - now you tell some of yours.

1 comment:

Marc Mac said...

Those are funny. I remember that pic of me - can anyone guess where that was taken?