Friday, December 08, 2006

Prayer Corner

Dear God,
I was reminded today of the many people who feel lonely during this season of the year, through the holidays and the time we celebrate the birth of Christ. Many are missing their loved ones who have passed on or who live far away. Some are suffering with illness or a loved one in the hospital. Life as it was is just turned upside down. Some feel a "let down" because their expectations or view of the season is greater than their emotional experience. Some people are actually alone. Whatever the reason they are feeling lonely, they need an encouraging touch. God, please work in their lives and spirits to bring joy. I pray that someone or something will come along to touch them in a special way and lift them from that lonely place. I pray for uplifting friends, neighbors, coworkers... I pray for special needs to be met. I pray that they will feel Your presence. I also pray that You will be glorified through it all. In the name of Jesus I pray and thank You. Amen and amen.

3 comments:

Kristy Mac said...

It's hard sometimes to remember how others are feeling, cause we are so busy in our own lives. Thanks for helping us to think that others around us may be suffering.

Pamela said...

My first comment: thank you for the beautiful prayer. Thomas Chase

Marc Mac said...

I have a friend whose Dad died during Christmas time when he was nine. He gets depressed every year and he just can't help it. He loves Jesus, has an awesome wife and beautiful children, but he always gets depressed this time of year.
Sometimes I find myself just looking at circumstances and thinking - what's wrong with this person - they can't have any problems. But my friend has shown me that sometimes people have oppression on them that they can't shake on their own. Thanks for reminding me to pray for my friend!