Thursday, December 14, 2006

Michael Mack Update

Since you guys prayed for Michael when he hurt his knee, I thought you'd like this update. This is from Carmen - our friend who has kind of adopted Michael:

Hello All-
I just wanted to let you know about our amazing night last night.Michael's sports banquet was last night. It was a great time and all ofthe players were recognized. Due to Michael's knee injury and him only playing 4 games, we assumed that Michael would not get much recognition. But........................the last award presented last night was the Most Valuable Player Award. Michael's coach got up to present it and started to cry as he spoke about the person who was chosen. He said that the award had been voted on by all of the players and that all of the coaches agreed that MICHAEL was the MOST VALUABLE PLAYER on the team. The crowd gave Michael a standing ovation and there was not a dry eye in the house. Michael was blown away and so were we. I can't tell you how wonderful it was to see Michael so happy. It is so comforting to know how many people have grown to respect him and care about him. Thanks so much for the role you have played in our lives while Michael has been with us. Your encouragement and support means so much to me considering ALL of the other people that thought us taking Michael as our own was a horrible idea. I can't tell you how many people said that we were CRAZY!!! Michael has come so far and you guys have had a lot to do with that.

Isn't that cool?




3 comments:

Kristy Mac said...

That is so cool! I am very happy for him. Give him out love!

Lyndi Mac said...

A special blessing for Michael and his whole family. The Lord is with them.

Kristy Mac said...

ok, so I meant, give him our love. (the r and t are right next to each other)