
It is indeed Knight Time! I had a great time the last two days back in Colorado. Thank you Robin (and Macy since Robin used her airline miles) for such a great birthday gift.
I know the last week has been a trying one for Tom with some of the confrontations and everything associated with the bhs game. Tom said he has been studying Judges recently and that every time the people of God cried out to Him, the Lord would answer them. But then they always seemed to stray back away from God. I was reading Proverbs 3 yesterday and couldn't help but think of Tom. The text says that the LORD will bless the home of the righteous. All throughout Proverbs 3 we hear about the right way and the wrong way to do something. God will bless the righteous. Part of being righteous is associated with your actions, but part of it is associated with your heart. When I look at Tom, I see a man of God in both of these areas. That doesn’t mean he always does the right things (Pam chime in at any time), but when you look at his overall character – he is a man after God’s heart.
So – since we know that God will bless the righteous, the key is not to become like the people in Judges who drift away – even though God kept blessing them. The reason they drift, is because it’s really easy to act like the wicked. The path of the wicked often seems right and even logical. The path of the wicked usually means you can get something you want. What I loved about last night was that Tom called the whole school to take a higher road. He asked the student body and the players to consider their actions and do what was right. It would have been easy to gloat – even fun. But it’s better to be humble. That way you can gain a proper perspective and realize that the blessing you have isn’t your own, but from an awesome and gracious God!
No comments:
Post a Comment